Wednesday 25 April 2018


Organisation:

I love planning, lists and organisation! In this post I will share with you my favourite planning techniques and how I use planners, list pads and diarys to organise my day.

In this photo you can see the crazy amount of planners and lists I use daily. It really helps me stay on track if I have a clear plan for each day. I dont always stick to it (usually dont) but I always do so much more work when I have a plan.

The items that I use are:

My main planner is the 'Passion Planner' (with the llama sticker in the photo) and I use it to map out my weeks and months. It is the best planner I have ever used and I have loved it for almost 2 years now. I love the habit tracker which I use to keep track of my uploads to Society6, Redbubble, TeePublic and various other sites.

I also love the 'Day Designer' (white a4 paper in photo). I cant always fit all the things I need to do in my week planner, and I also like to write down my goals for that day. I try and do it the day before, but its usually in the morning. I also use this planner to keep track of Albie (our 7 month old puppy) and the progress he is (or isn't ahah) making in his training. It is also for Albie that I have such a strict schedule, as he takes up a lot of my time at the moment, so I have to be extra disciplined with getting work done.

I also have a general to do list. At the moment I am using my crafty list pad, which I use to write down all the things that I need to do, that might not be relevant to today or this week, but I still need to remember.

Finally I have my 'Dream.Plan.Do' from the Design Trust. It is my yearly business planner which is probably the best thing I have ever done for my business. I used it last year and loved it, and this year it has been improved even more (it now also has a paper back option this year, which I am so happy about!). I work on this each month and it walks you through all the things that you need to think about when running a creative business. I would definitely recommend if you have a small business!

I also have many different notebooks and sketchbooks on the go, but they are mainly full of random notes and projects, and I dont use them daily.

I really think that using all of these techniques has helped me so much, as the simple act of writing things down allows me to separate my business from my home life, which can be hard when you work from home! I think it does so much good to get it out of your head. Also by writing down ideas, it makes things happen in a way that thinking about it doesn't.

I would love to know how you organise your life or business!

Links:

http://www.passionplanner.com

https://daydesigner.com

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/ElenaIllustration

https://www.dream-plan-do.com


No comments:

Post a Comment